Saturday, November 26, 2011

Salamander



Dear Charlie: I dare you to find a salamander song!

Salamander, born in the sun-kissed flame,
Who was it lit your candle, branded you with your name
– Jethro Tull
(I love a challenge - Na-na-na-boo-boo.)

One of the little salamanders that lives in our cabina like to spend the day inside and the evening outside. Yesterday I was sitting on our tiny porch reading when Salamander decides it’s time to go inside. I decided that today he would stay outside, so I put my book down on the porch in his path. He quickly scurried off of the porch into the grass and made this annoyed clicking sound. “click click click click click”

A few minutes later he took another run at the door and again I put my book in his path. Again he ran into the grass. “click click click click click” I was determined to win this little battle.

A few minutes later I heard the clicking sound from above. I guess he had gone around the building, up the side, and was going in by way of the ceiling. I hadn’t thought of that.

And to rub salt in the wound the salamander clicked until I looked up and saw him. “click click click click click” Then he went into his cabin. Let’s face it. We all know who the visitor is here.



No comments: